Error in BPM - NotifyEmailContact

Ralf Peters

Hi,

we seem to be geting this error the last few days after the 10th may .

Capture.JPG.9743f5102d951a9b3fa389aa2014229f.JPG

i have checked the contact it is send to , it exists , the email is send

examples are :

SR00024863

SR00024852

SR00024837

SR00024835

SR00024834

this is the only BPM that emails a contact ....

Thanks

Ralf

@Ralf Peters right, so the "nofifyEmailContact" operation is triggered by BP in the context of the user.... in the examples you mentioned the user is a basic user which is missing rights to certain tables... this is why the node fails...

...don't think is a configuration issue, need to check this with our dev team, could be that we not doing something right in Hornbill... meantime I put in place a quick fix, however since I (admin) am not a basic user I am unable to test it fully... would it be possible to ask one the the users that were logging these requests to do a quick test for you/us?

I have cleared the error from the requests you mentioned (except from SR00024863, this one seem not to have the error)

Hi @Victor  thanks for checking that so quickly .

SR00024863 was raised by me from an email , interesting so it only effects tickets raised by basic users, which were all working fine prior to the 10th ??

Basic user raised ticket via portal SR00024703  as a working example.

i'll get them to try again  and let you know

Ralf

@Victor yes emails were send , it only  affected the Data Selection team Service. 98% of all their tickets are raised through the portal by basic users directly, so there should be heaps of examples :).

last one working SR00024800   09/05  15:56

first one failing    SR00024816   10/05 10:53

@Ralf Peters upon further investigation into this, we found the reason why the BP fails in your scenario. Basic uses that would trigger such actions in their context need an additional role "Hornbill Authorised Guest". If you add this role to all basic users, the issue should be permanently fixed...

@Victor thanks for the reply , was that restriction implemented on the 9th May ?  All tickets prior to that did not fail ( for at least 6 month) , the BPM is the same and had not changed, 98 % of tickets were raised by basic users  ??

Ralf