Error - The Element was expected at location "

SJEaton

Hi

I made a slight amendment to a question in a progressive capture and now when I try to save it I get the error - The Element was expected at location " 

Any pointers as to what would be wrong?

Thanks Sam

Guest Paul Alexander

@SJEaton

me too...started having this error yesterday after the update, but thought I was doing something wrong. I've just tried adding an item to a branch in a Prog Capture and got the same error.....

And even if I remove the changes and try to save, I get the error too

@SJEaton @Paul Alexander @Sonali

Thanks to @Trevor Killick we believe we found why the error occurs. You have a progressive capture with custom forms. One or more of these forms have one or more fields as dynamic checkbox or list which is missing some configuration (the data provider most likely). Can you please review your configurations and make sure they all dynamic fields have the full configuration?

Guest Paul Alexander

@SJEaton @Paul Alexander @Sonali @Trevor Killick

This is quite interesting, because this morning I had to change a BPM that we have which uses info from a Prog Capture which uses a dynamic drop down box which is filled from a simple list.

Up until today I'm positive that the BPM was looking for the Default Display Name and that the BPM worked fine. This morning, however, the BPM stopped working and I changed it to look for the VALUE of the drop down list (which is different in this case, and is only used to sort the list). Looking for the VALUE rather than the Display Name worked.......

I don't know if that's any help at all, but I've just checked my custom forms on the Prog Capture that I am having trouble with, and it all looks ok to me (all data providers etc are added correctly)

thanks

All very interesting.  My progressive capture is very simple and only include one dymanic drop down list. I changed this to look for the VALUE but still got the error. I did however do as suggested earlier and just saved it rather than save and activate and it saved ok. I then reactivated from the BPM list.  I hope this doesn't start happening on other ones!

Sam

I have quite a few of those in other progressive captures. Lets hope I don't have to amend them.   Where you say "One or more of these forms have one or more fields as dynamic checkbox or list which is missing some configuration (the data provider most likely)", I'm not sure what configuration is missing.  See below

Doc1.doc

@SJEaton what I mean is the data provider is not actually selected... You can create such a custom field (dynamic) without actually selecting a data provider... which is incorrect. This parameter should be mandatory to avoid the error message you get when you try to "Save And Activate".

On the example you sent, are you getting the error even if you have "Directorates" selected as data provider?

Also, this has been fixed by developers and it will be available in the next Admin tool update.

@SJEaton indeed, you are correct, my apologies... I am, not sure why I did not pick this in my tests, for some reason I was convinced it works if you specify a data provider :( ... So, for the time being if you try and "Save And Activate" and see this error, just do a simple "Save" and activate from the progressive capture list On/Off button.

The issue will be fixed in the next Admin tool update.