Open Incidents

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi 

I am trying to create a widget to show a count of all the open incidents. (see attached). I am getting a figure however it doesn't match the figure the analyst view (see attached).

So I would expect the widget to show a total of 216 to match the information on the analyst view but I am getting a different number (I am getting 217)

Please can you help me 

Sonali

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Sonali,

It may well be that the status of the missing Request is closed (i.e. "status.closed") - which is not presented in the User App view. You can do a quick test by filtering the result to only show closed Requests.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Sonali

Sorry but i don't understand what you mean.

The user app view is showing 238 total requests (incidents). With 216 open and 22 resolved.

Therefore the sql statement that I have created should show 216 but for some reason I am getting 217

Guest Sonali

Ok but I still don't understand why the count is different on the widget. My total on the widget should be everything except for anything that is resolved; closed or canelled

Guest Ehsan

@Sonali

In the following example, I have 2 Incidents. Please note that:

• "IN00000301" is Open
  • "IN00000302" is Resolved

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.13.08.png

Now, I will go ahead and choose the option to close "IN00000302".

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.17.58.png

Notice that "IN00000302" is no longer presented in the Requests List because this Request is now closed. I now have 1 Incident in the Requests List - rather than 2.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.13.29.png

In my earlier post, I was indicating that perhaps the Request that is not presented to you in the Requests List is closed. You should perhaps modify your query to exclude Requests that have their status set to "status.closed". You should then see 216 in both Requests List and your Report.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Sonali

Hi 

I have added it in and makes no difference

h_requesttype = 'incident' 
AND 
(h_status = 'status.new' OR h_status = 'status.open' OR  h_status = 'status.onHold')
AND 
h_status != 'status.closed'

Guest Ehsan

@Sonali Could it be that you do not have the required visibility to view the missing Request?

For example - You're not a member of a team that supports the Service that the Request is raised against? The Request is assigned to a team that you're not a member of? The only way that we can investigate this further, is if we can go through the data in Requests List (i.e. export the Requests List into a CSV file using the export option) and compare it with the data that is returned with your Widget. We can then look into the Request and establish the reason.

Thanks,

Ehsan