Not receiving email notifications when a call is updated

I've been made aware that there are no  email notifications being sent when a call is updated. I'm aware that the update notifications don’t have a custom template, and that those emails are supposed to come from ‘noreply@live.hornbill.com’ as per https://forums.hornbill.com/topic/10052-analyst-notification-emails/#comment-46461

However, the only ‘noreply@live.hornbill.com’ email in my Outlook is one that was generated before we went live in January.

We have the 'guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.emailUpdate' set  to 'both' - what am I missing...

Claire

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Claire Holtham,

We need to investigate this further, it may be down to the configuration of emails or a fault with the feature. Since your organisation are subscribed to the Premier Success plan, you're eligible to raise a request through our Web Form and get in touch with our Support function who will look into this for you and provide you with regular updates. You could raise a request through our Web Form using the following URL:

In addition, Premier Success and the great range of benefits that this plan provides to your organisation is explained in the following Wiki page ("Ensuring your success" section):

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi,

I have a question to ask around internal updates to Analysts when calls are updated via Email and the Customer via the portal.

These are also coming from live.hornbill.com on our system (as they didn't work without this domain added) - I would like to know if I can change this in the setting:  guest.app.requests.notification.emailDomain to our email domain and it would work?

Also where can I change the email template as I can't see it in the settings as an option?  We prefer to setup a new one and leave the original as is.

If you can let me know that would be great.

Thanks

Tina

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Tina.Lapere,

You can change the Email Domain through the following Application Setting (Admin Tool > Hornbill Service Manager > Application Settings > Filter by "guest.app.requests.notification.emailDomain".

Capture5.JPG

Please do confirm that the Email Domain is configured in Admin tool > System > Email > Outbound Mail Routing.

Capture6.JPG

The Email Template is not configurable for this Notification Type at the moment but we do have a change proposal for this. We're currently waiting for the availability of a new Hornbill API (I was informed earlier today that the API has been added to the development queue for Hornbill Platform). As soon this API is available, we can begin the work to make the Email Template for "Updates via Customer Portal" configurable.

Thanks,

Ehsan

• 1 month later...
Guest Ehsan

The enhancement that I was referring to, applies to features that currently send an email without a customisable Email Template. I'm interested to understand where you've configured "Updates via Email"? Are we talking about Auto Responder? @Tina.Lapere

Hi @Ehsan, Just to clarify what I mean.  I've amended the 'AnalystCustomerUpdateNotification' and 'AnalystEmailUpdateNotification' email templates to remove such things as the hornbill logo etc.  I do however want to be able to create a whole new email template for these and change the system so that it uses the new ones instead - however it doesn't appear in the list of settings to change.

Are we talking about two different things?

Guest Ehsan

@Tina.Lapere I envisage you're referring to an email that is sent via an Automated Task in a Business Process.

Under the Email Notification type in an Automated Task, there are various tasks available by default, that relate to sending an email. In the options section for each task, you've the option to provide an Email Template. Perhaps, you've configured an Automated Task in a Business Process that emails the Request's customer and in the options section, Email Template is set to AnalystCustomerUpdateNotification.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 11.05.54.png

@Ehsan - Unfortunately these are not within a BPM but are emails are auto-sent to the analyst when either a customer updates a call via the portal or one of my colleagues updates a call via an email that has come in.   I just prefer to keep the out of the box emails separate to the ones we use and would really like to be able create new template which the system would use for these emails.  Both for updates via the portal and emails that are sent.

Guest Ehsan

@Tina.Lapere

Nearly there :D

In relation to an email notification for customer updates via the Portal, I'm guessing that the following Application Settings are set to either both or email-only. Is that right? If so, this is hardcoded to send an email with a Template called "customerPortal". The reason is that a Portal user will not be granted the rights to a mailbox.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 15.06.11.png

In relation to an email notification that is sent to an analyst for emails that are applied to a Request through the Auto Responder, I can see that this is hardcoded to send an email with a template called "updateFromEmail".

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the template name will be configurable as soon as Hornbill Platform complete the development of an API to provide the ability to send an email without a mailbox but with a template for Portal users.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

@Tina.Lapere Sorry my previous comment is slightly misleading - The template is not configurable at the moment but they will be configurable as soon as the new API along with changes to Service Manager App are introduced.