SLA missing

Bob320

Hi guys,

Just after some advice please, I'm not sure where the problem resides so please bear with me!

For some reason, when some calls are logged, they have no SLA timer (resolve by date) even though we have a priority selected.

It seems like it may be only when a particular analyst logs a call OR when the user logs it through the self service portal, but not always.

And they have the same permissions as other analysts/users.

I can't seem to find out how to fix it or where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Bob320

The timers for fix and response goals will be configured in the business processes you have defined using the business process engine, accessible via the admin console. 

You may have one business process for say Incident Management, or you may have different business processes for each different service against which you can raise Incidents.  In the second of these scenarios it maybe that you have start timers configured in some business processes and not others?

In either case the first starting point would be to have a look at the business processes and see if you have the nodes which Start the fix and or response timers once a ticket is logged and a priority is set. 

1. In the admin console you should see your configured business processes listed, similar to my example below.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 12.11.14.png

2. In each Process, a fix timer will only be started if you have configured it to do so by using the Start  Fix Timer Node as my example below shows

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 12.11.40.png

3. If you have configured different business processes for the different services you offer, you can see which business processes are defined and in use against each service you offer in the user app under services > Request Configuration > Request Type > Workflow as shown below

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 12.16.06.png

In this case 'Desktop Incidents'.

4. You may also be using Catalog Items, as shown in the example above, and in which case you can also check and see which business processes have been configured against each of these catalog items, again to see if those business processes are configured to have the Start Timer node (and subsequently the Stop Timer nodes) configured. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 12.18.45.png

Hopefully this will give you somewhere to start looking to see if the start and stop timer nodes are configured into all or some of your business processes which support the services and catalog items you offer?  let us know how you get on

Steve

• Like 1