Stop team notification mail going to manager

derekgreen

Been at least a week since I posed a question on here, so here's my latest! 

Part of our processes for incidents and requests sets the team to Service Desk upon receipt of a call, everyone in our team receives an email notifying them that a call has been raised. My manager has decided that he's above all of this and wants me to stop the messages going to him. Is there a quick and hopefully easy way of stopping these messages going to him? We are using the TeamAssignmentNotification template.

Guest Ehsan

Hi @derekgreen,

It is currently not possible to exclude Notifications for members of a team on assignment of a Request, at the moment.

Are these email Notifications vital to the handling of requests in your team? Through the following Application Settings, you could choose to only send "Hornbill Notification" (i.e. not an email but a Notification under the bell icon) for requests that are assigned to a Team.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 15.30.28.png 

The other option you have is to remove your Manager from your team, if the purpose of their membership is to observe, oversee or report on Requests rather than action on them like an analyst. Thereafter, create a new team "Service Desk Management" or "Management" and add your Manager as a member of this team. Then add this team as a Supporting Team of your Service. That way, your Manager can continue to oversee and access Requests, without receiving Notifications.

There is perhaps another long-term option here. You can also ensure that your Manager is not available for assignments. You could achieve this through Admin Tool > Hornbill Service Manager > Service Desk > [Click on the team] > Slide the "Enable Assignment" option. We can then enhance the assignment Notifications, by ensuring that Users who are not available for assignment do not receive a Notification.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 15.37.11.png

Please let me know if my 1st suggestion works for you?

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi Ehsan - thanks for those suggestions. I've adopted the option to remove the manager from the Service Desk team and created a new 'organisation' called manager's group with him as the only member. I've made our Service Desk the parent of this group. I'll see how it goes, nothing that can't be changed back quickly if it's not right.

Guest Ehsan

Hi @derekgreen,

That's great to hear. Meanwhile, I am pleased to inform you that we have raised a change proposal to exclude Notifications for users who are available for assignment (through the Service Desk tile in Hornbill Service Manager app in the Admin Tool). Just as an added bonus going forward.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi @Ehsan,

Can you add me as an interested party to the idea of having the option to exclude notifications.

I was wondering if you can add something to be discussed to the proposal to have the different notifications scenarios (depending on what's ticked in the settings) to be visible in this area, then we can disable which one the users dont want to see... on request.

a couple of notification scenarios -

1. Email Notification when team is added to a call
  2. Email Notification when customer updates the call

the ability to disable these sorts of notifications per user when they ask for it would be great, and we can leave the notification on for everyone else... unless they ask for it to be disabled.

I'm probably going OTT here but i have had users who didnt want certain email notifications but everyone else does.

Thanks,

Samuel

Guest Ehsan

@samwoo I have added you to the change proposal that relates to this post. Regarding the flexibility around assignment Notifications - That has also been discussed and we're looking to expand the "Service Desk" Tile in the Admin Tool by providing options to control Notifications on a User by User basis, although that will be considered as a separate change proposal.

Thanks,

Ehsan

• 4 months later...