Human Task to resolve ticket after 5 days expiry throwing out errors

samwoo

Hello,

My colleague has discovered that a lot of his old tickets haven't been "Closed". After this he went and had a look around the system and it appears this issue is going back to March, and no one has discovered this issue.

At the very last stage of our Business Processes, we have a human task with only 1 option - Re-Open ticket. This task expires after 5 days if the Re-Open button isn't ticked. Once expired the ticket is closed.

This seems to not be working at this stage. Whenever we open a ticket with this issue we get the following error message:
590877bba9912_HornbillError.png.0d342f9a469ad252f3cdc4128a9a1cdc.png

I've been into the Business Process and everything looks OK in there.

An example ticket: IN00027679

If we restart the process from within the ticket, then the call goes through to "Close".

This may be a separate issue - If my colleagues tries to tick multiple tickets in the Request List to do bulk close it doesn't work (it only shows the options when you tick one box in Chrome, or tick 3 boxes in IE11 once, then only 1 box at a time after).

Can someone advise on what the issue could be and how we can resolve (Close) this?

Thanks,

Samuel

edit: If you need an example of the emails that i have been receiving when a process is restarted, please let me know.

Guest Ehsan

Hi @samwoo,

I went through the logs and I believe this is caused by a known issue which will be rectified in the next update of Service Manager. Although I believe this problem only back dates to early on in April rather than March. The next update of the Service Manager app is estimated to be available early next week. 

Thanks,

Ehsan

oh what fun. I've spent most of the day closing requests that should have auto-closed. Looks like I'm going to have loads more to do after the next release.

My question to Hornbill, if this is a known issue presumably caused by changes in the previous version and causes a shedload of work for your users don't you think you should:-

1. Let your customers know
  2. Supply a fix ASAP
  3. What options are available for bulk closing requests?.

@DougA sorry about this. While we fixing the issue, we can run a bulk close if you send us a list of references which would need to be closed. We can also provide a (or the) program which you can run yourself to bulk closed a list of requests.

11 minutes ago, Victor said:

@DougA sorry about this. While we fixing the issue, we can run a bulk close if you send us a list of references which would need to be closed. We can also provide a (or the) program which you can run yourself to bulk closed a list of requests.

Can we specify criteria in the tool? Such as in our case, any requests where the status = resolved and where it's been resolved for 5 days or more?

@samwoo it is very raw, is a tool we used ourselves for such scenarios and decided to make it available for everyone to use, after we gave it just a bit of polish... :) Therefore it doesn't know how to do complex stuff... it only knows to close requests if a list of such references is given... So, in your scenario, you would need to pull the references list from a report perhaps, put this list in the config file for the tool and run it...

Guest Ehsan

@DougA @samwoo Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing.

There's also this great option to bulk close Requests.

Enable the following Application Setting through Admin Tool > Hornbill Service Manager > Application Settings.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 16.53.04.png

Through the Request List, select more than 1 Request that are raised against the same Service and click on the "Actions" button. This allows you to bulk resolve and then close requests.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 16.52.38.png

Thanks,

Ehsan

4 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

@DougA @samwoo Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing.

There's also this great option to bulk close Requests.

Enable the following Application Setting through Admin Tool > Hornbill Service Manager > Application Settings.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 16.53.04.png

Through the Request List, select more than 1 Request that are raised against the same Service and click on the "Actions" button. This allows you to bulk Resolve and then Close requests.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 16.52.38.png

Thanks,

Ehsan

3 hours ago, samwoo said:

This may be a separate issue - If my colleagues tries to tick multiple tickets in the Request List to do bulk close it doesn't work (it only shows the options when you tick one box in Chrome, or tick 3 boxes in IE11 once, then only 1 box at a time after).

@Ehsan this doesn't seem to be working properly on our instance :( maybe because of the errors in the tickets?

Guest Ehsan

Sorry I missed that. I think that relates to whether the Requests are raised against the same Service. In this case, I am assuming that your colleague is selecting Requests that have different Services? Other possibility is that those Requests have outstanding Activities? Do those Requests have the same status? @samwoo

20 hours ago, Ehsan said:

Sorry I missed that. I think that relates to whether the Requests are raised against the same Service. In this case, I am assuming that your colleague is selecting Requests that have different Services? Other possibility is that those Requests have outstanding Activities? Do those Requests have the same status? @samwoo

Hi Ehsan,

These requests do not have any activities.

My colleague have confirmed that the following matters when selecting multiple tickets:

1. Has to be the same Service
  2. Has to be the same type of call Type (IN, SR etc)

He is wondering if this is by design? It's a bit too restrictive and in this case (with the issues we are having) it would help out a lot if the the restrictions were not there.

Many thanks,

Samuel

Guest Ehsan

@samwoo This is by design although I had a chat with the team and the general feeling is that we are planning to remove this restriction soon. ;)

Thanks,

Ehsan