release type

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi 

I can see within the BPM automated task (entity - release - update request - release type) - that I can update the release type and in the below it gives me an option (emergency; normal; standard). Where does this information get populated on release ticket/record? I can see change type on the release record but not sure why? Where can I find the simple list for the release type? 

Sonali

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Sonali,

This information is presented in the Details section of a Release Request. The label to the corresponding field is currently called "Change Type". We will rename this to "Release Type".

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Sonali

Ok thanks but where do I find the correct simple list for this? I don't want change the one related to the change function

Guest Ehsan

I believe the Simple List for Change Type and Release Type are not distinguished at the moment. We will investigate this further and get back to you.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Sonali

Ok, can you tell me if I capture the release type as part of the progressive capture, then how do I map it into the release/change type field?

Guest Ehsan

@Sonali I am pleased to inform you that we have raised a Change Proposal to provide a Simple List for controlling Release Types that are set through a BPM Automated Task or the Details section of a Request.

Thanks,

Ehsan