Link services

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi 

I want to suspend the BPM process until the linked services (tab) has been completed. How can I do this?

Sonali

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Sonali,

We currently do not have an Automated Task to allow a Business Process to be suspended until a Service is linked to a request. I am interested to understand the use case here. Would linking a Service (any) resume the Business Process? Would the analyst need to link a number of Services to a request prior to resuming the Business Process?

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Sonali

Yes - as part of raising a record it is more than likely it will affect more than one service. Also part of raising release record we are not linking it a specific service

Guest Sonali

Also another question - if you raise a request associated to a service, then should it also appear under the link services section?

Guest Ehsan

@Sonali The concept that we're presenting Services that are associated to the Request. The Service that a Request is raised against is not added to the list although you're not prevented from doing so through the Linked Services tab.

Guest Ehsan

@Sonali I am pleased to inform you that we have raised a Change Proposal to investigate the option to suspend a Business Process to wait for Services to be linked to a request. We will inform you when this Change Proposal progresses to our 90-day development board.

Thanks,

Ehsan

• 4 months later...