Notifications when a request is updated

SJEaton

Hiya

There are instances in my workflows where the request owner will be waiting for the customer to update the call with some information before they can then do their next task.  How are request owners notified of when their requests receive an update?  Is there some kind of auto-notification that can be sent to them or another obvious prompt??

Sam

• 1 year later...

I would like this set up to send an email to our support group email address whenever a user updates a ticket via the Portal.

Where do I set the 'from' mailbox and the 'to' address'?

Is the 'From', set at guest.app.requests.notification.emailMailbox

and the 'to', is that taken from the email in the assigned Analyst's profile?

Testing this at the moment but I don't seem to be getting any emails through when I update via portal.  There is nothing showing in the sent items when I look at the mailbox relating to this either.  I think I've sent things up right.  We only have one mailbox to send from.

PP4GGWh.png

njj4xM0.png

@Paul Trenter - I just re-read what I said before and I must apologise because I gave some incorrect advice. When it comes to analyst notifications for portal updates, when sending the email, Hornbill will not use the mailbox (guest.app.requests.notification.emailMailbox). The email notifications will be sent directly to the intended recipients and this method is using this setting: guest.app.requests.notification.emailDomain (the system is basically using this API: https://api.hornbill.com/mail/?op=directMessageSendEntityTemplate)

This will be one of the domains configured in admin tool here: Home - System - Email - Outbound Mail Routing. You can use our OOTB domain (live.hornbill.com) or another domain of your choice. The notification emails will originate from a noreply@domain_name address. Because these emails are not sent from a mailbox, the "Sent Items" for these is located in admin tool here: Home - System - Email - Direct Outbound

• Like 1

Hi @Victor, thanks again for the fast reply.  I've changed the domain to our Email>Outbound Routing domain and ran a test.   Now I do see an email sent from Home - System - Email - Direct Outbound to myself which is good, but I don't receive it.  It shows Delivery Failure and when I dig deeper the problem seems to be with.

SmtpCmdResp: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [CWXP265MB0245.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]

One other question on this.  I understand the you can set it to notify the team when the request doesn't have an owner, via guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.portalUpdateTeam

Is it possible to still notify the team if already assigned to an analyst within that team?