Business Process Workflow - Lifespan settings

Rohit Govind

Hi,

We have several BP workflows setup for Incidents and SR's and each process has been setup with a "Reopen request" human task which has a Lifespan setting set to expire after 2 days.  I've attached a screen shot for review.  When we setup the process and tested it the workflow worked as defined and tickets we're closing automatically after the 2 day lifespan had expired but I've recently noticed that this is not the case and I'm having to manually close tickets.  Just wanted to know if anyone else has had any issue when setting up lifespan settings?

Thanks,

Rohit.

LifeSpan settings.PNG

@Rohit Govind I know !!! They should know better!!! :D ... I think on this occasion the requests are not at fault...nor the BP configuration... I ran some tests and I suspect the "Close after a period of time" action is not triggering the closure after 1 min (as configured)... I asked dev team if they have any thoughts as I suspect a defect at this point...

Guest Ehsan

@Rohit Govind, @DeadMeatGF,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have identified the cause of this. This will be fixed in the next update of Service Manager app,  currently estimated to be available towards the end of next week (week commencing 1st May).

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

@Rohit Govind,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing.

Although I understand that this manual intervention is not ideal, this is considered a viable short term workaround and hence we do not have a case for publishing an emergency update for the Service Manager app. We have a process for publishing updates for the Service Manager app and the fix for this reported problem is scheduled to be available in the week commencing 1st May. This allows us to follow through regression tests to confirm that this area is not going to cause any further disturbance to your Service Desk operations in the future.

You may be interested in subscribing to our Premier Success Plan (details can be found here - https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Premier_Success_Plan) where you can contact us directly to report problems, such as the one in this forum post. This then provides you with an extended support service function. This success plan includes a service level for reported problems and we provide regular updates through our support function on the progression of those. This plan also qualifies for determining whether a reported problem requires an emergency update to the Service Manager app. Your organisation is subscribed to the Essential Success Plan, which does not qualify you for extended support service function and there are no service levels for responses or bug fixes on the forum I am afraid. Please contact us if you would like any further information on this.

Thanks,

Ehsan

• 2 weeks later...

@Rohit Govind the fix (for this issue) is included in the next Service Manager update. However we have not yet deployed this update in live instances. It is scheduled for mid-end of this week (look for SM build > 956).

The deployment is posted in the "Announcements" section of the forum as well.