Updating a closed call

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi 

At the moment we are able to add updates to a call (incident). How do we prevent updates being added to call once it has been closed?

I have found the following within the settings: app.email.routing.rules.allowClosedCallUpdates.IN

Is this the right setting that needs to be disabled? If so how do I disable it? The attach does not give me the option to do so

Sonali

Closed call.PNG

@Sonali the settings you highlighted are to prevent updates on closed requests (IN and SR) which are made via email by the auto responder (routing rules) functionality. However this is how they should look like:

Update_close.PNG

If this is not how they are displayed, perhaps a refresh or log off/log on would sort out the display issue?

Guest Sonali

Thinking about this - I can still go into a closed request/call and go to the update tab and input further data/update on the call. How do I prevent this from happening once the call has been closed?

@Sonali currently analysis which have the right to update requests can update requests even after the request was closed. There are no settings that can be enabled to prevent this. The above settings are intended to prevent automatic updates on closed requests which analysts might miss since closed requests are not visible in the active queue....

Hi @Sonali

The post below might be of some interest to you.   We are looking to provide the ability to lock different areas of a request as part of a workflow.  So, for your requirement, once a request is closed you would be able to lock all actions and prevent the updating of the request.  The one thing to keep in mind is that this will be something you add to a BPM workflow, so it would only apply to the new requests that use that workflow.

We hope to start work on this in the next few weeks.  Let me know if you feel this would help with your requirement.

Regards,

James

I've just had a call updated by an analyst from an email reply to a closed call. Obviously this will not reactivate the call or be seen by the owner as having been closed it is "gone."

Is there anything planned to remove the "Apply to Request" option once the call is closed?