Views - How do you COPY an existing one?

Guest TrishaRush

@TrishaRush just had a quick look at this functionality, I was a bit wrong (or incomplete) in my statement, apologies :unsure:

What should happen is that when you click on "Make Copy", it creates the copy and activities straight away... So following your example, you are currently viewing "Test - Incidents raised YESTERDAY"... when you click on "Make a copy..." the view title changes (or should change) to "Copy - Test - Incidents raised YESTERDAY". You should now be able to make  whatever changes you need in teh copy (if any needed) and click on "Save" button. At this point you should have the copy in your view list...

Guest TrishaRush

I still can't work this out :(

Sometimes when I click Make a Copy a copy is made and sometimes it is not. I haven't found a pattern to this.

Originally it seemed that you couldn't make a copy unless you had only just created the view (and not closed the form) but when I try and prove that I can't! It seems totally random.

@TrishaRush just to confirm, this is how the view and copy functionality should work:

For example, the existing view named "Test":

test_view.PNG

When you click "Make a copy..." button, this should be displayed (below screenshot). At this point the copy should also be available in the view list...

test_view_copy.PNG

We need to understand the circumstances when this is not working to be able to find if there is a defect here :(

Guest TrishaRush

Thanks for your reply - the issue is that sometimes this does not work (i.e. a copy is NOT made) and sometimes it does work but I haven't worked out what the circumstances are. It feels like it's random and I know that it should be logical (and that's why it's so puzzling!). I will try again next week to see if I can work out what the circumstances are and I'll update this topic.