Request category

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi

I have created two processes (incident process and service request process). The progressive capture for both the processes uses the 'request category' form.

My understanding is the request category is only available/visible via the analyst view and not via the portal. Hence users creating a request via the portal would not be asked to input/select the request category. This is fine and works for the incident process that I have created. However for the service request process I have created, when raising a service request via the portal it asks the user to input/select the request category. Why is this happening? I was not expecting this to happen here.

Can you please help me

Sonali

Guest Sonali

sorry I don't exactly understand your question.

via the service portal - as a user I am unable to create/raise an incident using a service

via the service portal - as a user I am only able to create/raise an incident using a catalog item

In my above example, I used a catalog item via the service portal to create/raise both an incident and service request. As well as I used a service and catelog item via the analyst view to create/raise both an incident and service request

7 minutes ago, Sonali said:

I used a catalog item via the service portal to create/raise both an incident and service request

@Sonali what is the name of the catalog item? (the CI - catalog item is linked to a service this is why I asked about the service but the catalog item name should suffice)

In any case, as far as I am aware, when using services portal (which is the analyst's portal) the analyst (or the user) does see (and is supposed to see) the "Request Category" form... it could be different for basic users or users with no Service Manager rights... but I need to check this in more detail.. this is why I need the name of the CI so I can have a look at the overall configuration...

@Sonali thsi is following my investigation:

57 minutes ago, Sonali said:

Catalog item - any software request

"Any Software Request" catalog item belongs to "Personal Computing Services" service. This catalog item is used to raise an SR and currently configured to use "standard_software_request_pg_v1" progressive capture. This ProCap is configured to ask for request category in the last screen/step/form:

Camelot_SR_ProCap.PNG

And this is how it look on the service portal:

Camelot_SR.PNG

1 hour ago, Sonali said:

Catelog item - raise an incident

"Raise An Incident" catalog item belongs to "Core Gaming" service. This catalog item is used to raise an IN and currently configured to use "generic incident process" progressive capture. This ProCap is not currently configured to ask for request category at any stage:

Camelot_IN_ProCap.PNG

And this is how it appears on service portal:

Camelot_IN.PNG

So in conclusion, from what I can see, all/everything behaves as configured... unless I am missing something...