Refer to answers from multiple forms at once

What do you think?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Like this idea?

• Yes
    • No (please explain why)

Hello,

This may have been covered before...

We are now wanting to start using the new "Log Request" via the BPM and I am finding it difficult to pick answers from different forms from the PC.

The variable that outputs when you click on the Variable Picker looks like the following:

&[global["flowcode"]["answer1"]]

Is there any way we can have it set so it could point at a particular node in the BPM (which gets form information)... or form from the PC? ie.

Referring to a node name:

&["Customer Details"["flowcode"]["answer1"]] 

Referring to a form name:

&["frm_Customer_Details"["flowcode"]["answer1"]] 

This way I could get multiple answers from multiple forms:

New Starter Request for &["frm_Customer_Details"["flowcode"]["answer1"]] starting on &["frm_Customer_Details"["flowcode"]["answer2"]] who requires the same access as &["frm_Network_Access"["flowcode"]["answer5"]] 

Then in the description field of the "Log Call" task I can extract even more information from the other forms.

Currently i have no way of doing this.

I wanted to avoid having too many Get Request Information nodes in order append the text in the description... and it would be nice to hold some of the information in the summary as my example above provides.

Thanks,

Sauel

I have seen the variable picker reference the form, but I'm not sure if that is on every node where you can use the data or not, nor how (or even if) it functions.
Have you tried doing a Request Details -> Questions for two (or more) forms and seeing what options the picker gives you?

33 minutes ago, DeadMeatGF said:

I have seen the variable picker reference the form, but I'm not sure if that is on every node where you can use the data or not, nor how (or even if) it functions.
Have you tried doing a Request Details -> Questions for two (or more) forms and seeing what options the picker gives you?

Hi @DeadMeatGF,

Yes i've seen that too, that was what prompted me to raise this request (after testing it with multiple nodes) as it almost seemed that the basic functionality is there (in terms of refrencing forms to be shown in the variable picker).

I did have a go at adding the  "get request questions" node multiple times, when doing the update request node, the variable picker only picks up the very last "get request questions" node :(.

Many thanks,

Samuel Wood

Guest Ehsan

@samwoo @DeadMeatGF,

Refer to the following post, where I've provided some details on an enhancement to this area. You'll be able to choose Answers from multiple Customised Forms in a Progressive Capture :)