Can I share an Activities Board?

DougA

I've created an activities board for our loan process. An activity is created and scheduled for when equipment is due to go out. When that activity is completed another one is created for the return of equipment. I've spent quite a bit of time on it setting up all of the conditions and I'd now like to have all of the frontline team use this.

I can't see an obvious way of sharing it so the question is do I have to recreate it for each of the analysts? Finally can a basic user be given permissions to view the board?

Thanks

Doug

Guest Ehsan

Hi @DougA,

It is currently not possible to share a Board with a basic User. The Activities view was designed to only show Activities that you own or actioned on, it is not possible to share it with others.

How about if you use the "Schedule" option within a Change Request to create a schedule for such Activities. You can then view those through the "Change Calendar" option in the Service Manager. Details on the Change Calendar functionality can be found here - https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Change_Calendar.

Thanks

Ehsan

Hi @Ehsan,

Thanks for the quick response to the question regarding standard users.

Any thoughts on sharing the activities board with a full user? We're all part of the same group and the activities are assigned to the team.

Thanks

Doug

Guest Ehsan

Thanks @DougA for your suggestion although I will have to check if there are any plans to further enhance this area. We will get back to you on this.

Hi @DougA,

Currently its not possible to share these boards with other users as they are only available to the user that created them, but we are working on enhancements in to the boards which would include the ability to share them with users and groups, can't give a timescale for this at the moment but will keep you up to date with developments.

Thanks

Trevor Harris

• Like 1

Guest Ehsan

@DougA- Just referring back to your post, you mentioned that Activities are assigned to a team rather than a user. Couldn't the members of the team(s) that support the Service, use the "Group" option within My Activities? I must also point out that the view can be filtered by "Role" (Note: Although you can filter by a Role such as "Basic User", this does not indicate that a Basic User can access My Activities view).

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 13.40.47.png