HBSM crashes on IOS 10.3.1

JonathanD

Hi there - the Hornbill mobile app keeps crashing on my Iphone 7. Previously it was stable. I get notifications but as soon as I try to start up the app it crashes, 

I have a 256GB iphone 7 running the latest IOS, 10.3.1. - Hornbill Service Manager version is the latest from the app store..

Thanks,

Jonathan

Guest Ehsan

Hi @JonathanD

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

To help us investigate this further, could you please provide us with some details regarding the crash.

Does the App crash moments after you open the App (i.e. you click on the App icon and the App does not respond upon opening) or does it crash while you're navigating through the App? To your memory, could you remember if the App crashes as you access a specific feature or is it random?

Thanks

Guest Ehsan

@JonathanD

Let us know how you get on with the latest update of the App. If not rectified, please remove the App and then re-install it from the App Store, while we investigate this further.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, so I've no run into a similar problem, embarrassingly, it is crashing on my CTO's iphone 7. He has a new IOS, plenty of space, etc, however once downloaded and then connected to his account via QR code, the minute I then tap on the ICON, the HB app crashes and returns me to the top page of the phone screen. Any ideas ? I can log onto his desktop instance with no issues, etc...

Guest Ehsan

@JonathanD

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience that this is causing.

Could you please walk us through this with screenshots or photos taken from another phone, if possible?

We would like to understand:

• When you scan the QR code, does the App close itself automatically? Is it then the case that you can no longer open the App by pressing on the Hornbill App icon from your Home screen?
  • Does it make a difference if you were to restart the iPhone prior to uninstalling and re-installing the App?
  • Does this happen more than one iPhone 7 or are other colleagues able to use the App without any trouble?

Could you enter the login details manually rather than scan the QR code? (Where asked for Instance Name, please enter "icbpi").

Hi Ehsan, ok so I can scan the QR code ok, and I can also enter log in details manually.. Up until that point everything looks fine. Once thats all been entered however the app then just starts and instantly crashes. I'll try and get some screenshots but it's tough to get hold of his phone as you can imagine..

I installed the HB app on a spare Iphone of mine and it works just fine... Other phones are ok as well. I'm wondering if there is some sort of account or security setting somewhere impacting this..