Inbox - Select all

Simulr

Afternoon, 

I have noticed since the recent update that the 'select all' function has been removed from the inbox. This was particularly handy to remove spam emails. 

Is there away to enable this function? 

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simulr,

To select all of the emails in the list start by clicking on the first email, then hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and then click on an email further down the list.  Everything in-between will then be selected.  The opposite can be done for removing the checked items.

The reason for doing it this way is that a "Select All'' check box would not actually have selected all, but rather just those that were visible at the time.  Many lists in Hornbill will retrieve more data as you scroll down the list.  This give the user a better experience than having to wait for long lists to load.  

There is also an "Empty Mailbox" button that will clear out the entire mailbox.

I hope that helps,

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James, 

I have tried holding the Shift Key and selecting an email further down however this doesn't enable me to select other emails, instead it just flicks between the emails I am selecting. I have also tried using the Ctrl key to select multiple emails, this function also doesn't work. 

Any advice?

Thanks

Simon