Access to Dashboard

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi 

I have just created anew user and given this user - collaboration and dashboard viewer roles.

I want this user to view the dashboards. 

On the dashboard - under dashboard properties - I have given this person the access to this dashboard.

The user logs in and can see the dashboard app on the screen. When you go into the dashboard app - the user is unable to see the dashboard.

Please can you help me.

Sonali

@Sonali by dashboard app you refer to "Advanced Analytics"? Can you post a screenshot from where the dashboard is missing?

If is "Advanced Analytics", please note that this is an app add-on therefore (could be) available in multiple apps... so, you can have "Advanced Analytics" in Service Manager and Collaboration for example...

In admin tool you can navigate to either:

Home - Service Manager - Advanced Analytics

Home - Collaboration - Advanced Analytics

Just make sure you both accessing it from same location...

Guest Sonali

Ok the dashboard has been created under service manager - Advanced Analytics. So what permissions do I need to give this user?

Guest Sonali

Also does this mean that for collaboration users - if we want them to view dashobards then they have to be created via the collaboration app rather than the service manager app?

Which app should we be using to create our dashboards going forwards?

You would need a custom role... The "Dashboard Viewer" built-in role is for Collaboration since this is part of any instance, unlike Service Manager which is an app and might or might not be installed. The custom role can be created as a "replica" of collaboration "Dashboard Viewer" and have "Service Manager" selected as application in role configuration (instead of Collaboration). Every other configuration in teh role can remain the same.

7 minutes ago, Sonali said:

collaboration users - if we want them to view dashobards then they have to be created via the collaboration

That's correct. The reason is that collaboration only users do not have access to Service Manager app and none of its content.