Custom views

yelyah.nodrog

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

Do you know if your user who is setting up this view is able to see customer's request in the list without using a View?  In the filter box at the top of the request list they should be able to type in the customer's name and it should still show up in their list.

In order for a user to see a request in their list they must be the owner of the request, a member of the team that the request is assigned to, or a member of a team that supports the services that the request is assigned to.  If the customer's requests are not visible on either the user's request list or by using a View, it may be that they don't have access to the requests.

The Global Search for requests also has Search tools that allows you to search for requests by customer.  This is another good way to find requests for a particular customer and can also confirm if they have access to these requests.  Information on how to use this can be found here.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards, 

James

Morning all,

So I have changed it around and set him to Created by:

Ta1.png.423a9e403158dc081b164799c87ae254.png

#However it is still not showing any calls at all.
ta.thumb.png.0741debc0bef971238f9cd2e96a1b17f.png

I have replicated this view on my account and I can see everything.

ta2.PNG.027f50f0c9690604b5fd4e6519e48899.PNG

ta3.thumb.PNG.4baf061bbbeaebeb5f6227896db08918.PNG

Now, the only thing I can think is that I am in all teams on hornbill, and Tony isn't However as he has created the call surly even though he is not in all teams he should still be able to track his call?

Hayley.

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

There are still a couple of options for you and your security manager.  So, keep in mind that Service Manager is designed to control access to requests and that there are a few things to remember.  For the request lists and the Views, only people that are the owner, a member of the team, or support the service that the request is assigned to, will be able to see the request.  The one exception is if they are a member.  If they can't see a request in the request list, they won't be able to see it in a Custom View.

Option 1: If you are happy for the security manager to have visibility of all the requests you can add him to an appropriate team that has access to the desired requests and you can disable him from being available for assignment

Option 2: Create a team that just contains your security manager and add his team as a team that supports the services where the requests are that he needs access to.

Option 3: Enable this setting shown below where he and other users are automatically added as a member when they create a request that is assigned to a team that they are not a member of.

Addasmemberwhenraising.PNG

Let us know if any of these help with that access that you are looking for.

Regards,

James

good morning James,

I have switched this feature on and it is still not allowing our security manager to see the calls he has raised in the custom view. I have just got him to check and he still cannot see any calls he has raised that are new, on hold or open. If I manually search the ref he can see it. I understand that he will not be able to see any older calls he has raised as I have only just switched on the feature and this should only apply to future calls - however these are not showing either ? even though he is showing up as a member in the calls?

Thanks

Hayley.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I have just checked, and this is till not working, this button is switched on and users are not being added as a member to calls when they create them?

The problem here is that we do not want to add all users to all teams but we need all our users to see all calls, and be able to track calls they have created - even when they have gone to different teams and they are not the customer.

Many thanks

Hayley

Hi Hayley,

If you have an open environment they you may want to make sure that your services are configured to be supported by all teams.   On each Service form you can specify which teams support a service.  If this left blank then all teams will have visibility of the requests against that service. 

supportingteams.PNG

Once this is done, you can use the ''All My Services'' filter on the Request List to show all of the requests to all of the different services.allmyservices.PNG

You will also be able to create Views that include all of the requests for the different Services.

I hope that this helps,

Regards,

James