Assignment form (progressive capture)

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi

I have made the assignment form mandatory (true). This make the team mandatory but how do I make the analyst field mandatory?

Also can I have a default team appearing in the team field and if required them you can change the team as part of the capture?

Sonali

Guest Sonali

From my testing, I finding if the analyst is left blank during the capture then the BPM is falling over mid way

19 minutes ago, Sonali said:

how do I make the analyst field mandatory?

You can't currently...

20 minutes ago, Sonali said:

can I have a default team appearing in the team field

Again, not yet possible...

9 minutes ago, Sonali said:

if the analyst is left blank during the capture then the BPM is falling over mid way

Because most likely there are nodes configured to use analyst/user information...for example a task assigned to an owner but there is no owner on the request... you could amend the BP to suspend somewhere in the beginning and wait for an owner or/and have the failing node work with team instead of owner, for example instead of assigning a task to owner, assign it to owner's team....

Guest Sonali

see attached - when analyst is left blank as part of capture - the BPM failure at human task 'review incident'. Not sure how to resolve this

Assignment.PNG

@Sonali is the human task configured to assign the activity to "Owner (For Tasks)" and/or as task owner also "Owner (For Tasks)"? If so, change to assign to "Assigned Team(For Tasks)", and same for activity owner, if you have any. 

Another solution would be before the human task have a suspend "Wait For Request Owner" node... the BP will pause until the request has an owner and continue once it has one...so the next node, the human task won't fail if is using "Owner (For Tasks)" variable...

EDIT: You do have an "Wait For Analyst" node...

Guest Sonali

Made the change as above but still doesn't work

Note - wait for analyst node in attachment is a suspend 'wait for request owner' node

As a workaround you can try putting a Get Request Details node followed by a Decision node before the Human Task.

With a custom expression of "owner is set" branching to the Human Task and "owner is not set" branching back to "wait for analyst" you should create a loop that won't hit the Task without an owner.

@Sonali yes, I was about to suggest (as @DeadMeatGF suggested too) you need to do the same as here: 

... which is the "Get Request Details" node before the human task.... and then it will work with "Owner (For Tasks)"

The other issue, the reason why assigning the task to "Assigned Team (For Tasks)" fails is because the team is currently not configured to allow assignments:

In admin tool navigate to: Home - System - Organisational Data - Organisation - Service Desk Team and enable task assignment option.

• 7 months later...

Hi @Sonali.   I wasn't sure if you had any luck with this yet, but I was wondering if you had considered using the Round Robin or Most Available assignment options in the BPM?  You could have a Get Info node followed by a decision node, and if no one as been assigned as an owner, you could automatically assign to someone on the team using one of these options.  More information on Assignment in the BPM can be found here.

• 9 months later...

Hi @Sonali

On 4/7/2017 at 6:58 AM, Sonali said:

I have made the assignment form mandatory (true). This make the team mandatory but how do I make the analyst field mandatory?

Referring back to your original post, we have now provided an option on the Progressive Capture Assignment form that allows you to also set if the owner is mandatory.  Hope this helps.

image.png