hiding closure category from customer

Gary@ADL

HI guys - I cant see anything obvious for this, is there anyway to hide the closure category from the customer when you resolve a call?

its not really something the customer needs to see anyway, and we don't want to potentially offend anyone when marking there call closed as - 'user error' 

thanks

Gary

@Gary@ADL not currently possible...assuming the closure happens when the analyst actions the the "Close" button on the request action list... However, thinking of a way to overcome this (at least until if/when we change this functionality) perhaps a solution would be to make the closure timeline update private (e.g. "Team" visibility). Then have the BP create a "Customer" visibility update with a more friendly closure text? You would need a "Wait for closure" node followed by the request update node with your own text...

Hi @Victor we currently resolve the call, then have a task that waits 3 days and then auto-closes the call.

we do have a wait for 'wait for resolution' node, and normally would resolve a call by just typing text into the resolution box, setting a closure category, then pressing the resolve button.

so we'd have to set the resolution visibility to team - I guess we'd have to do this manually each time.  Then have an automatic node straight after the 'wait for resolve' which would update the timeline with the resolution text?

thanks

@Gary@ADL

2 hours ago, Gary@ADL said:

so we'd have to set the resolution visibility to team

I think there is an app setting which allows you to specify teh default visibility for this action...then you won't have to manually change every time you resolve a request...

2 hours ago, Gary@ADL said:

Then have an automatic node straight after the 'wait for resolve' which would update the timeline with the resolution text?

Yes, something along these lines... This update would be for the sole purpose of customer visibility of the resolution... Now, the update would need to be with teh resolution text, something I haven't tested yet...  (EDIT: this might be a good place to start: https://forums.hornbill.com/topic/8966-set-resolution-text-via-automated-process/#comment-47558)

The ideal option would be to have a setting (or something similar) which allows you to toggle visibility for resolution codes... as this functionality is not in th there yet, this is something maybe @Steven Boardman can advise if/how?