Email auto routing replies visible to Customer via portal

PSG

Hello,

We've noticed that replies to a Request apply to the Request's Timeline as an update made by "System AutoResponder".

The default Visibility for these Timeline updates appears to be "Customer" which means the Request Customer can see any / all replies to the Request.

This is an issue for us. For Audit/ tracking purposes we try to send all of our email from the Request, (i.e. if we need to email a 3rd Party we'll do it from the Request so we've a log of what was said) however we don't always want this visible to the customer.

Can we have the ability to change the default visibility of the "System AutoResponder" Timeline update?

Please note: when i logged in as the System Admin account i was able to manually change the visibility of the email  "System AutoResponder" Timeline update however we cannot do this for every update.

Regards,

Jamie

Hi @PSG

We arn't currently able to set default visibilities on a user by user basis (even for the System AutoResponder account) - but we do have the ability to set global default visibilities against particular actions. These settings can be found in the admin tool (Home > Service Manager > Application Settings) and they all begin with "guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility....."

I can't test this to ensure for certain until I'm back in the office on Monday but I believe that by setting the first of these settings to "Team" (highlighted in my screenshot below) will set the default visibility of automated request actions to be hidden from the portal. If you could try this as a starting point and let us know, we can have a closer look next week

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 13.43.03.png

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the update.

I should've mentioned that we've already got "team" set as the default visibility for most values.

The only "customer" ones we've got set are -

guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.cancel
Default visibility value when cancelling a request

guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.resolve
Default visibility value when resolving a request

guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.workaround
Default visibility value when providing a workaround for a request

Thanks,

Jamie

per the attached; guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility is set to "team" 

The "System AutoResponder" Timeline updates appear to be classed as Filter type > System (rather than "update" or "email") so not sure if that is making the difference?

I've attached a screenshot of the type too so you know what i'm referring to.

timeline.PNG

system.PNG

Hi @PSG

Just to keep you up to date - this is being treated as a defect as after investigation it appears the customer value is hard coded for AutoResponder timeline updates - so we will be looking into rectifying this behavior to you the option to set the default for this type.

I'll ensure to keep this post up to date with any updates received.

Kind Regards

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @PSG

No update as yet unfortunately - we have raised this as a defect and as soon as its been resolved and ready for release, we will let you know.

Kind Regards

Bob

• 6 months later...

Hi @PSG

My apologies for not getting back to you regarding this issue. 
We have actually released this functionality and it should be on your instance - we now have an application setting called:

app.email.routing.rules.default.visibility.update

This should allow you to set the default visibility of Auto Responder entries on a timeline. 

Kind Regards

Bob