Computer telephony integration is needed

We would like to have the ability to trigger the raising of new requests from incoming calls from external telephony systems. When a call is received by the service desk telephony system, the system should be able to raise a request for the operator who accepts that call on his or her soft phone or phone application. The callers number should be matched against the customer data in Hornbill to fill in the Customer-field.

The external systems could be systems like Trio, Avaya, Asterisk and Skype. A generic CTI is much preferred, but our current requirement is Skype.

• Like 3

Thanks for your posts.  You may have seen on the latest release notes that we made some minor changes to the customer's phone number so that you can make an outbound Skype call from a request.  I will post back to the team to ask about inbound CTI integration possibilities.  

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth

That sounds extremely useful; does this work with sip addresses too? We're moving away from traditional extension numbers where possible so an increasing number of staff are contactable only via their sip address (in our case this is the same as their email)
If so, do I just stick that address into the "Phone" attribute on the import, or is it not that simple?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadMeatGF said:

Hi @James Ainsworth

That sounds extremely useful; does this work with sip addresses too? We're moving away from traditional extension numbers where possible so an increasing number of staff are contactable only via their sip address (in our case this is the same as their email)
If so, do I just stick that address into the "Phone" attribute on the import, or is it not that simple?

+1 this would be extremely useful too. I've tested quite some time ago having a custom field set against a user with the URL for wiki markup with [[sip:EmailAddress]] inside the url, but never got it to work properly. We are in the process of moving everyone from Lync to Skype for Business so it would be a big benefit.

We are using Skype4B and would be interested in using incoming CTI to retrieve matching contacts and allow drill down of existing requests as well as log new ones.

Following the recent Service Manager Build 942, we are bow able to 'click and dial' using Skype from the customer section on the request screen.

Cheers

Martyn

• 6 months later...

Hello Hornbill-team!

Any news on implementing CTI? We would also like to see exactly what @Martyn Houghton is describing:

using incoming CTI to retrieve matching contacts and allow drill down of existing requests as well as log new ones

/Henrik

• 5 weeks later...

+ 1 for this functionality too. 

Being able to use Skype for business to search a users ticket history, as well as allow the option to raise a new from their record would be extremely useful and improve the overall experience for End User and Service desk Staff alike

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

+1 for CTI integration

I investigated this when we used to use Supportworks.  At the time we were using a Cisco VOIP system and a 3rd party driver called InGenius.  Worked fine for the outgoing calls (when clicking a custom button next to a phone field) but for some reason the incoming call would only pass the number through to SupportWorks about once every 20/30 times so the caller resolution didnt work most of the time

Neither InGenius or Hornbill could get to the bottom of it so I gave up.

Something that we would very much like to do though!  We're now on Service Manager and using Mitel as our VOIP solution.