Closing/ Action calls in Request List

yelyah.nodrog

Morning all,

I am trying to group close calls in the request list screen. however most of the time it doesn't allow me to select more than one call at a time before the button disappears and it doesn't allow me to close them.
As you can see below when I select one call it shows the button, 
Capture1Selected.thumb.PNG.0f53c9cda678eb82c4aed8555803a411.PNG

When i select two buttons (Below) the button dissapears

Capture2nobutton.thumb.PNG.b4944334ea085693a9fffb4f195cc4f8.PNG

However when i select more than one call with the same service it allows me to bulk close - is this a error or a known issue that cant be changed to bulk everything? 

Capture2samecat.thumb.PNG.17722bf98f95bd93c5ae4f4abccb7d80.PNG

Thanks

Hayley.

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

The multi-select operations only allow you to apply these to requests with the same following attributes:

* They are of the same request type

* They have been logged against the same Service

If these two conditions are met then the multi-select options will remain available, if not they will be hidden.

For the Resolve and Close option there is a 3rd consideration, if you select requests which are Open then the action to resolve will be available, if you choose open / resolve status requests then it won't. (as one is already resolved).  You can multi-select resolved requests logged against a service and mass close them as well.

There are various reasons for this, some to do with only being able to teams which support the specific service, and multi-select requests raised against different services makes this difficult, equally when resolving a group of requests logged against the same service, and request type - you may have set up filters on the available closure categories, but trying to apply this to requests of different types and services may end up in closure categories being selected, which were not meant to be available.

There are also options to use the BPM to resolve / close linked requests and this is discussed further here:

We do have a request to disable this logic if you don't require it on your instance, but the work to do this has not started.

I hope this helps explain the logic as is, a bit more.

Steve