Old email view has changed?

Gary@ADL

Hi Guys - it appears the old email view has changed? please change it back!

asin its not changed us to the new view, its moved the 'additional info' of the email to the right, but it just looks awful! - it righted itself for a few seconds, then changed back so im not sure if someone is doing some testing?

Capture.JPG

Hi @Gary@ADL,

This is not a test. in your example you use a very simple email and it does not really have much of an interesting information, but if the email had more content like the one in the example the it will look much better and useful. Note that the new Email view will show it better than the old one.

We've been using this view for quite some time and it proved to be very useful.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Daniel.

2017-03-24_1125.png

thanks for your reply Daniel, is there any way of restoring our old view?

I appreciate you guys are also have a new view - but I wasn't planning on changing until the very bitter end - while not wanted to be negative - the new view, nor this revised old view unfortunately offer nothing for us other than a downgrade in terms of usability and aesthetics.

for me, the new view is too cluttered - im not interested in looking at other emails while im working through one, so the other emails just serve as a distraction, especially with the coloured icons next to each mail.

for both views with the 'additional info' pane - this is just wasting screen real estate for me as shown... we are never going to get a youtube video sent to us via the service desk as youtube is banned on our network, its also not very often we would ever get a forum post or websites sent to us. so all this view is really doing for us is spreading the important information across my full screen, rather than presenting it for me in one nice section as it was before

thanks

thanks 

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Hi @Gary@ADL,

Thank you for your feedback. I can understand that in the case of simple emails the Additional Info panel can be a waste of space. You can see that there is an option to close that panel in the right hand side of it. But it will be opened back the next time you get back to a different email (if you use the old view). We will look for an option to save that state. We will also have to show somehow the attachments and some other information as now it appears in the new box. But we will come with a solution for that too.

Regarding the new email view, it is running for quite some time, is stable and people like it. So I'm afraid we have to move on and discontinue the old view.

I will keep you informed when we do the changes to the Additional Info.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Many thanks Daniel,

yes we appreciate that quite a few others like the new view - its just personal preference for us - hence the plan just to keep the old view until the bitter end then move over when we had too and keep quiet lol :)

• Like 1