Requests Won't Expire

Graeme Clark

Due to go live in a week.

Within Business Processes I have set up a process to change the status of the call to Closed when the request expires. This won't automatically close the call when the call expires. It also give me an error when I try and manually close the call.

Funny thing is I have the exact same process for an Incident and this works fine?

My Download of business process is attached.

cdhgrequest.bpm (2).txt

Hi @Steven Boardman do you know if any notice was taken on my request to allow either a date (specific or variable) or a duration to be specified? As I've said a number of times the ideal would be to allow both date and duration to be entered.

Hi @DougA

All customer feedback is reviewed and discussed, as you can imagine we get lots of great ideas and it is a case of working through these and setting some form of prioritisation with these.  One way we do this is to record the number of customer's who have expressed similar requests, or supported ideas which have been raised, that said this is not the only mechanism we use for helping us work out what great features / enhancements we are going to work on next.

On this we also try to look at what is being asked for, and what problem we are looking to solve, and sometimes we come up with different approach than is originally suggested.   One example of this could be that a number of customers use the expire options on tasks etc, in the absence of a more elegant way to handle two stage closures, and the variables of customer's reopening them etc, we have a story which will be started soon which will provide a solution to this - in fact i think Gill Lee was one of the customers who requested this. 

On your specific example, as soon as  there is progress i will of course post back and update forum. 

Steve

Many thanks @Steven Boardman,

It's just the absence of comment. on 3 or 4 posts Does that mean it's not been looked at or it's not being considered. A comment from Hornbill would at least let us users know it has been read.

Doug

Hi @DougA

Just to reassure you, all posts in the forum are read and we like to post back when we have a response which is progressive (positive or negative), we'd hate for you or anyone else not to post, and please don't take no comments as an indication that it isn't being considered / reviewed, even if it is something which we can't immediately action. 

All feedback is appreciated and it is noted that an acknowledgement comment from us, would help to communicate that it has been read :) 

Steve