setting a stage checkpoint?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

Part of our change process I have a human task to create an activity to perform the actual change work. As part of the HUD I have a checkpoint to say assign activity to team.

This is to remind 1st line team to re-assign the activity to the team who are required to perform the change.

As soon as that activity is assigned to the relevant team i would like to set the next stage checkpoint saying "Change in progress"

is there anyway to activate this next stage checkpoint based on the actual human task activity being assigned to another team?

or another option is it even possible to automatically assign a human activity?

@lee mcdermott

In terms of 1st tier manually assigning the request on to the person who is making the change we use the suspend node 'Wait for New Request Owner' and set the Auto Focus to 'Assign'. This way the BPM pauses until the owner is changed, then would proceed to your next checkpoint 'Change in progress'. The only problem with this is if you want the current 1st Tier owner to be assigned as this forces the owner to be changed.

In terms of Auto Assignment this is possible in the BPM, see below

Cheers

Martyn

thanks Martyn,

i have attached a screen shot of how i currently have it. I thought of assigning as above but will this assign the whole change request to that person or team?

Ideally was going to keep the change request in the change management queue and then generate a human activity which we could then assign that to the individual or team who will carry out the work.

would your method above work with a human activity? as per screen shot once stage starts it sets it to assign activity to team. then as soon as the human activity is assigned to another team i want it to set it to "change in progress" and then once activity is closed it continues through the BP

set checkpoint.JPG

hud.JPG

@lee mcdermott

The method I mentioned would indeed assign the whole request itself. We do this and then have an automated task after the change is marked as complete to assign it back, but this is hard coded to go back to our managed service team, rather than by a dynamic/variable option.

What automated task option/settings is the  'Get Change Request Owner' retrieving? 

Are you wanting to assign the activity to the Change Request Owner or in essence the 'Request Creator'?

Cheers

Martyn