Error on Workflow

Awalker

Hello,

Can anyone help to identify what exactly i need to do to resolve the below error i have recieved?

nodeName: API Call: Resume BPM Process; nodeId: dc2d664d-7df6-475c-a6ca-ef7e1ccd82b5; "EspMethodCall:invoke: Operation[bpm:processResume] The specified bpmProcess cannot be resumed: The process (BPM20170302000001) is currently busy with: taskResume"

@Awalker, I would not worry about it is nothing wrong is just a resume opertaion that could not be completed but not because there is a bug or something incorrect, operations in Hornbill happen asynchronously... Many flowcodes have a resume BP to cater for various possibilities of the flowcode invoke... If you see this "bpmProcess cannot be resumed: The process ... is currently busy with..." it doesn't mean that is something wrong. Probable we should handle this better in the logs and in the flow codes themselves...

To answer your query, you can't resolve this error because there is nothing actually to be resolved :)

@Awalker you might see the log entry again... but as long as the entry says this: "bpmProcess cannot be resumed: The process ... is currently busy with..." you should not worry that something is wrong.

I'll give another example: userLogon API. If an user tries to log in and enters invalid credentials the API will fail and you will also see a similar "failure" error in the logs. However this does not mean the API code has an error in it... the API does something along the lines: Evaluates user input -> If credentials ok -> Do more stuff. If the API call goes through all the stages then you have a successful API call. If it doesn't, because the API does not allow the full call, stopping at "If credentials ok", it means the API call in itself "failed" to complete. "Fail" in this context is a technical term... :) 

• Like 1