Guest David Calder

Guest David Calder

Hi,

I've been looking at Webhooks and it seems very simple to set up - i.e. I've been able to call a webhook in requestb.in quite easily whenever an incident is created.

What I'd like to know is if I can call a webhook from a specific point in a business process workflow. For example, when a P1 priority is set in our Incident business process, it does a number of things, e.g. email the Major Incident Managers, post to a P1 workspace, update the P1 board. What I'd also like to do is call our SMS sending service, which has a webhook API that can be called. Is this possible?

Many thanks,

David

@David Calder

We have recently added a new *experimental* node type called "WebCall" to the BPM, which does *exactly* what you want - but with some caveats.  Please review the following thread for more details.  The main problem I have with it is you need to have some basic programming skills to make use of it, and thats not really what the BPM is about. Integration with other systems within our BPM is high on our agenda right now and we have some interesting things in the works.   Could you give me an idea as to what you are trying to achieve? (all input at this stage is very useful). 

Gerry

Guest David Calder

Thanks Gerry. I look forward to trying it out - looks like it could be very powerful. Our use case is to send a text message to the Major Incident Managers when an Incident has been given a P1 priority. Our Operations team use an SMS service to send messages to this team, but it is manual. The SMS service we use has a webhook API, so I hope to be able to call this from the BPM, and automate the notification.

@David Calder

I would say the WebCall will work a treat for that, the SMS text API's tend to be very simple.  You should be able to enable this on your instance, see the screen shot, basically go into the admin tool, navigate to System -> Settings -> Advanced and search for "WebCall", enable that option.  Then in BPM you should find the new node.  Please remember this is experimental so please feel free to ask any questions here and we will do our best to answer them. 

webcall_switch.png

Gerry