Relationship between Progressive Capture date

PSG

Hello,

We would like to request the introduction of a relationship between start and end dates added in ProCap.

For example, our Change process requests the "Planned Start Date" and "Planned End Date" however there is no relationship between the two so it's easy for the Requester to set the End Date to a date which appears in the calendar before the Start Date (see attached).

This is not limited to our Change process - the functionality would be applied to other Captures.

Regards,

Jamie

dates.PNG

Funny enough that happened today in a Change I was looking at - so a check to see if the end date is before the start would help here.

Jamie,

Would it not be better to have a Planned Start Date and then Planned Duration as a drop down so Starts 2017-02-12 ends in 30 days.... or something along those lines?  Or perhaps I am not understanding the question (entirely possible today as I have man-flu). 

Gerry

That's so close to my suggestion. For each date allow both a base date (explicit or a variable) and a duration. Opens a world of opportunities allowing tasks to be created a given amount of time before or after a date.

• Like 1

Hi @Gerry,

Thanks for the suggestion. please can you advise how to apply a Planned Duration field in a ProCap?

Happy to test it then run it past our Change team to see if it suits them.

Thanks,

Jamie

@PSG

I am not sure you can...I will need to ask the SM dev and support team, I was suggesting it would be better to take this approach rather than trying to make the two date fields correlate somehow, this may well require a product enhancement. 

@James Ainsworth can you look into this one with the dev team?

Gerry

Hi @PSG

Thanks for your posts. This can be done on a ''Custom'' Progressive Capture question form where you could have a combination of the requested start date as a date field followed by a pick list or drop down that has a selection for your duration.  The selections could be set to intervals such as 1 day, This week, Next Week, 2 Weeks, 3 Weeks, Over a month.  Once this information is captured in the questions it can be used to make decisions with the BPM workflow based on how much time you have.

When adding a field to a custom form in Progressive Capture you can use the static drop down option to build up your different duration options that you would like to include as part of your lead time.

Duration Picklist.PNG

Once the request has been raised you can then use this information in the request's BPM workflow.  Here we start with a Get Request Information using the "Request Questions" option highlighted.

Get Questions.PNG

You can then use Decision nodes in the BPM for evaluating this information and taking a direction in your workflow based on the selected lead time

Decision Outcome for Schedule2.PNG

Let us know if this helps and if you are able to get this working.

Kind regards,

James