Adding Manager to basic user account

Paul Morrow

Hi Paul,

thanks for you post. Since this was last raised there has been some progress in terms of planning the change however there is still no firm delivery date. I suspect that we will see this functionality introduced in line with Admin 2.0 (a project that is currently under way to provide improvements and enhancements across the whole Hornbill Administration user interface).

Admin 2.0 is likely to be available to us in around 6-8 weeks and then this functionality should follow shortly after. Overall, I would speculate that you will see the capability to add managers to basic user accounts in 10-12 weeks (circa 90 days). Of course this time-scale is only an estimate and may be subject to change if any unexpected development challenges are encountered.

Dan

• 3 months later...

Hi Ralf

Yip, I tried to add a manager in this section but I am unable to unless the manager is a "USER". Basic users do not show in this field.

Is there something else in the setup that is required before basic users can be selected as managers of other basic users?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

you are correct  !

i did upload my user data , including the manager, via the LDAP import utility  and that allowed for Basic users to be assigned as managers.

When i now try to change it  manually , i have the same issue , it only lists USER accounts .

Ralf

Thanks Ralf.

Good to know it's not just me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over to Hornbill again - Any progress on this function as LDAP isn't an option at this time for us?

Paul

• 2 weeks later...