Joining h_sys_tasks to h_itsm_requests

IntegraGreg

We have a requirement to produce a monthly report detailing how much time we spend working on requests (currently logged in activities). At the moment I have to produce 2 separate reports (one for h_sys_tasks and another for h_itsm_requests) as I'm unable to join the two tables.

The data in h_sys_tasks has a column h_obj_ref_urn which returns values in the format "urn:sys:entity:com.hornbill.servicemanager:Requests:IN000000001", which doesn't match the values held in h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference (IN000000001). Is there another field that I'm missing which could do this?

Hi Greg

You can use a query like the following to join h_itsm_requests and h_sys_tasks .

select h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference, h_sys_tasks.h_task_id from h_itsm_requests,h_sys_tasks where 
h_sys_tasks.h_obj_ref_urn = CONCAT("urn:sys:entity:com.hornbill.servicemanager:Requests:", h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference)

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Trevor

Thanks for the response. Yes that code would work but I can't see where I'd script some SQL to execute it! From what I can see all I can do is specify the tables and joins using the SQL Schema Designer and nothing fancier than that. Is there a way I'm able to directly interrogate our database using SQL?

Hi Greg,

That correct i had a chat with development yesterday and we should be delivering a change to the Reporting Constructor in the next few days it just needs to go through testing.

post-8238-0-11172400-1453203323.png

This should allow you to create an SQL Join using any valid SQL syntax.

I will post back when this functionality is available in the Admin Tool.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Yes,

spotted when I posted, corrected but the same 

1031377 2016-06-21 16:04:35 error database 2784 Report definition specified is not correct, It results in an invalid sql : SELECT h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference,h_itsm_requests.h_summary,h_itsm_requests.h_fk_user_name,h_sys_tasks.h_time_spent FROM h_itsm_requests LEFT JOIN h_sys_tasks ON h_sys_tasks.h_obj_ref_urn = 'CONCAT("urn:sys:entity:com.hornbill.servicemanager:Requests:",h_itsm_requests.h_pk_reference)' OR WHERE h_itsm_requests.h_fk_serviceid = '22' LIMIT 500

JOIN SQL.png

Hi Chris,

just used a validator to check the statement and there is an OR keyword before the WHERE clause. Looking at your screenshot, I can see a kind of turquoise colour box with the word OR inside it. Removing this will hopefully sort it for you.