Applying an email to request - Auto uploading all images with no option to remove.

Bowler Eggs-YK

When applying an email received directly into the mailbox to an existing ticket currently this will automatically attach all email attachments this is to include any email footer images/logos. These non-relevant images are not required on the ticket and appear as attachments in the timeline feed. We are unable to remove these as we would be able to if we raised a new request.

The only way we can do this is by going into the ticket and selecting the remove function from the relevant attachment but then this feeds into the Time line.

is there another way fo doing this that i am unaware of or is this going to be developed in the future?

• 4 weeks later...

This is a major problem for us as all our customers have logo’s in their emails and this is causing numerous issues:-
1.    If not removed, you have to view each image in order to find the correct image
2.    Clicking on the image doesn’t open image but downloads it and you then have to open using another app
3.    You then have to close it if It's not the correct image then reopen the next one
4.    In order to remove it, there are additional 6 clicks before it is removed.  (On the case I have shown, there were 15 attachments that needed removing so a total of 90 mouse-clicks, on a single Incident) leading to RSI Claims.  We receive approximately 500 emails per day so you can do the sum yourself.
5.    Every image removal is recorded on the timeline so is creating additional updates which is not required
6.    Unremoved logos use up our allocated storage space, which will incur premium charge from yourselves, due to our hosted arrangement.
7.    Every viewed image is added to our Downloads folder and this again uses up our local disk space.

We would prefer a similar option when we had SupportWorks where you were able to preview and remove logos at the outset.

• Like 1

Just had one of my colleagues ask me about this issue and it is a big issue here as well. This certainly needs thinking about...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/06/2016 at 9:23 AM, DeadMeatGF said:

I'm pretty sure this is unachievable - how would the software know the difference between a footer image and a screenshot image, for example?

Its not necessarily about the software knowing which ones to add or not but giving the user the option to remove them before allocating the ticket would be a huge benefit!

Thanks for your posts.  

We are currently defining the requirements on a change for managing attachments when manually updating a request from an email.  Similar to the attachment selection in progressive capture when raising a new request from an email, you will be able to select which attachments you would like to include in your request.

This not yet in our development queue but it is progressing and we will do our best to keep you up to date with its status.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

HI @sprasad

There is a Service Manager setting that controls the default visibility for attachments.  I'm not sure if this relates to the functionality that you are describing.  

attachvisibility.PNG

There are two levels of visibility.  There is one for the attachment itself to make it available to customers to download from the portals and there is the visibility of the timeline post.  Could you let us know which of these you are trying to set?

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth

The root cause is that when applying an email to the request, there is no option preview and remove any attachments in the email manually at the time of updating the request, unlike the Raise Request option from Email which does allow you to remove unnecessary attachments in the progressive capture 'Add Attachments' node.

This in turn then add the unnecessary attachments request when then need to be removed. Irrespective of their visibility setting, you still have to three clicks to remove each attachment and  a timeline 'deattach' entry is created. Changing the settings above only determines the default visibility of any files attached.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton

The change for managing attachments when manually updating a request from an email has been prepared for development and is likely to be started on early in the new year.

I'll let you know once work has started on this and at that point I should be able to provide an estimate for its delivery.

Regards,

James

• 3 weeks later...